Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wow! I spent yesterday evening in the lobby of my college dorm room. One of my buddies is an Resident Director at Corban College (the college formerly know as Western Baptist). He invited me to lead worship for a guys dorm meeting. First of all...did we always have them at 10pm? I'm really tired today. Sheesh, I'm getting old. I even said to one of the guys..."Nic and I played together back in the day." Then I realized how lame that was. Anyway....

It was great to be back on Campus. It brought back many good memories. My favorite recollection was Brad and I zooming down the halls on our in-line skates, hurdling couches and slamming into concrete pillars in the middle of the night.

I'd forgotten how much fun it was to worship with college students. Something about them allows for free, unashamed worship. I think the Church could learn a lot from them. Why are we so worried about human perception...shouldn't we take every opportunity to praise God without reservation? David got so crazy into it that he took off all his clothes and danced around neked because he was so passionate about praise. No crazy naked guys last night, but it was refreshing to see guys singing at the top of there lungs, jumping up and down and waving their hands in the air. I had a blast...I felt like I could worship freely and not worry about offending anyone. The best thing was...I'm sure that the joyful noise that filled the PVG halls last night was a pleasing sound to His ear.

PB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! I was just telling someone about rollerblading in PVG!

No naked guys? I guess they usually kept that out of the lobby, huh?

Seriously, I agree. I am not sure I have experienced group worship like we had at WBC.