Tuesday, October 02, 2007

As soon as the first flakes started falling on the mountain last week, my brain started transitioning to skiing mode...as you can see from my previous post and my new avitar.

So, in preparation for the quad-burn that is powder skiing and run-after-run down the canyon at the Bowl, I started working out again today. I arrived a few minutes before Jim, so I stairmastered for about 10 minutes before doing a light circuit on the weights. We were both hesitant to really hit it hard, so we stopped early, but felt like we needed to do something more. So Jim said, "lap around the burm?" Why not! So we did a leisurely two mile loop around campus. I was tired by then end...mainly becuase it has been months since the last time I ran...but my motivation was the deep snow...and this:



This is December 16, 2006. For the second season in a row, Jim and I had hiked (cross-country skied this time) into White River Canyon, found a powder covered hill, climbed to the top, and skied down. It's been one of the greatest days each year for me. Jim blogged about it last year and you can see pics of the decent here.

So as I'm struggling through a run, or the last few minutes on the stair climber, this is my motivation.

I can't wait to clip in.

PB

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yah! I'm excited to get out and ski some more this winter, too! Not hike...but ski! :)