Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hello blog-readers,

I'm in Memphis! Crazy, I know. Just a quick update on my evening on Beale Street last night. It was so much fun. You walk down the street and turn in to whichever place sounds the best to you. They've all got live blues bands playing. My buddy Ed and I stopped in to hear this band, Delta Highway. They were hot! (musically...not physically).


This is me in the alleyway that leads to the Rendezvous rib joint - where we had dinner. it's off the main drag, so you have to know where it is. You walk down the alley and turn into a little doorway that leads you downstairs into the place. Thanks to Eric for the tip...


And I had the best dry ribs ever!


The tables are owned by the servers, so they serve you quick! We ordered our apetizers and literally he brought them out in about 30 seconds. Then for dinner, the ribs were off the grill and on our table in about 1 minute...no joke. And they were tasty!
Fun night...
TTFN





2 comments:

eets said...

What I want to know is did you have any random fried items. Pickles, bananas, etc... I never did, always struck me a little bit odd. I didn't realize the servers own the tables, but it makes sense to me now (I remember the server being extra nice before too).

Brazenlilly said...

That is so cool! I love traveling to new place--little adventures. It sounds like a fun place...and sounds like it is a lot different from Beaverton!