Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I just realized it's been a month and a day since I last posted. Today I have an unusual break due to a system outage, so I thought I would take advantage of it.

I've been frustrated lately that I cannot run. My friends are training for a marathon in which I deeply long to participate. Unfortunately my body will not cooperate. Trent gave me some advice this weekend - just forget about running for a while and maybe it will take care of itself. Last night, some buddies from work asked me to fill in in an intramural basketball game at work. I played well, and really had a great time. I was remarking to one of the guys how strange it is that I can play ball for 2 hours or ski for 8 hours with no pain, but when I run a mile-and-a-half, my knee locks up. As if it was the most obvious thing in the world he said - "Well then, play basketball and ski."

So I haven't given up on running. It really does make me feel healthy, and its an activity that I can enjoy with the boys. However, for the moment, I'm going to play basketball and ski...

...and watch my boys dominate the field in newport.

PB

2 comments:

Steph said...

Excuses, excuses...

JUST KIDDING! I'm glad you can ski and play basketball! And it's good to see a post by you. =)

eets said...

if you do get it together, I definitely want to do Cape Mtn again with you all. I also was loving that you were getting to the point where you could kick some bootie on the hikes we do. Guess you'll have to get in shape with b-ball, skiing, swimming and biking. Crossing my fingers and praying you can run again (that is, ir you want to)