Monday, March 19, 2007

We had a phenomenal weekend in Sunriver with Thompsons and Jaggers. I acutally used the word "phenomenal" after a sun-bathed day on the slopes of Mt. Bachelor. I also found time to take some pictures. I'm realizing more and more how vital lighting is to photography...seems pretty elementary when you actually think about it.

But nonetheless, I'm always pleasantly surprised at how much better my shots turn out when I seek out the right light. All of these were taken before 7:30...I got up each day before sunrise to practice.

Here are the results. As you can see in the last one...Lily and Becky got up too!

Enjoy!!

PB




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Steph said...

First of all, I thought the first pick was a snowy mountain! Mountain...log...same difference. Secondly, Lily cracks me up! That is a cute pic of her personality. :) Beeeautiful pics, Mike!

Anonymous said...

Cool pics senor... looking good!

Brazenlilly said...

You really need to enter a photo competition!

butters said...

Those are great photos Mike, you really have an artistic eye. Great job... it doesn't seem so elementary to me.

Jenna

Kristi said...

Mike - it's Kristi Templeton (Jen's friend from Cali). I had no idea what a photographer you were. No wonder Jen gets grumpy when her pictures are out of focus. She's got a lot to live up too! (said in a sarcastic voice that Jen knows and loves). Seriously though, I got on your blog because you are under Jen's blog friends list, and just had to write because I loved your photos. Keep it up!! Say hi to Becky...you are both so adorable, and I enjoy reading about you and hearing about you from Jen!