Friday, May 21, 2010

So much to catch up on. I'm not sure how time is passing so quickly, but we're trying to enjoy every moment. It's hard to believe Katie is 5 months old and Jack is looking more and more like a little man everyday. Here are a few recent photos.

Our girl on her 5 month birthday

Jack enjoying a delicious smore courtesy of an impulse by his mama, a quick trip to the grocery store, and a lovely fire by his dad. Sure the sun was out and it got a little toasty inside our house, but it was all worth it!
OK...she didn't really have any, but we wanted to include her in the moment.
My boy looking so handsome even with his black eye from his run in with the futon. What a tough guy.

Enjoying every bite!

Speaking of bites (nice transition right) Kaitlyn got her first taste of rice cereal this week, and Jack got to give it to her. She wasn't as sure about that idea.

"Open up sister. It's delicious."

"Hmmmm."

"Are you guys sure about another bite...."

"...cause I'm not so sure."

"This is actually pretty good!"
"Yeah, I like it!"
"Hey, how do I get more of that stuff?"


Pretty soon she was reaching for the spoon and trying to feed herself. Next up...avocado.

10 comments:

We Are The Jones' said...

You have such cute kids. And you are a nice mom to do smores, they are sooo sticky and messy! :)

Steph said...

Finally!!!! Love Miss Katie's cereal face! And even though I know it was quite traumatic...Jack is maybe a teeny bit adorable with a black eye. :)

Michelle & Luke said...

so cute but i wouldn't trust jack feeding me with that mischievous look on his face either!

Brazenlilly said...

I love how expressive her face is! Especially when Jack is coming at her with the spoon. Priceless!

butters said...

These are great photos, I also love how experessive Katie has gotten. She is adorable and I love the big brother trying to feed her. I think I let Nate try that with Isaac until Ikey started gagging.(: Your family is precious.

Nina said...

Kaitlyn is beyond beautiful and Jack is oh so handsome. What a wonderful dada to have a fire going so an awesome mama could make smores. Children remember these kinds of special times. Thank you for sharing Kaitlyn having her first taste of cereal. What a cute messy girl! I also have not seen a more good looking boy with a black eye. Love you my dear family!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

ahh! so stinkin' cute!!!

Linz said...

I LOVE the "yeah, I like it" photo. I can't wait to see her in person!

Jo B. said...

Can't believe a whole day went by before I caught your blog. LOVE the photos and will print them out for Grandma Mulkey to see. She'll want to show all her friends at the rehab. They fell in love with Katie when Mike brought her. I'm smiling from ear to ear looking at our beautiful grandchildren.

Nina said...

I had another little look ! I can't help it(; I appreciate every time you blog knowing all you have going on. Love you Beckita!