Friday, January 20, 2006

I wish you could do a search of blogs and see how many entries start with, "Wow, it's been a long time since I blogged." Well, add one more to the search results. I'm finding time to do this today because there are a few notable happenings in my neck of the woods.

First, Becky and I succesfully replaced the wall surround in our shower. The old one was warped and leaking, and constantly re-caulking it ever few months was getting tedious (for Becky...I must admit, she is the one who does it). So a few weeks ago, we decided to tear out the old one and replace it with a ready made wall surround from Home Depot. It's been a challenge, but it's up and the caulking is drying!! It should be ready to use in a few days. Yeah!

Second, the boys will depart for Cooper Spur tomorrow morning. It'll be the second time we've gone that route in the middle of winter. I can't wait to be snuggled up in a little stone hut at 6500 ft while the temperature drops to 17deg. Should be fun! But the best will be warming our noses and toeses by the wood stove at Tilly Jane on our second night (and watching Jim try to navigate through the trees on his cross country skis).

Third, my cousin Lauren just got hired as a temp in my team at work! She's excited, and my team is excited, and I am excited. It's a good thing. It feels good to be the inside man for someone trying to start here. Eric did it for me, and now I can do it for others. She starts on Monday, and it will bring an entirely new dynamic to my work life. Should be fun!

PB

2 comments:

eets said...

I'm so proud a picture of mine made it on someone else's blog! Let's go to the mountain!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to visit and use your shower! I hope that didn't sound too weird.