Friday, April 28, 2006

Let us toast to the joys of sunny Friday afternoon BBQ's. Nevermind...I don't have any sparkling cider or champagne handy. But I'm raising my empty hand...litetrally...I'm typing with one hand right now...

Okay, enough with that silliness. But seriously, what a great afternoon. My boss's boss' boss decided it was a great day to celebrate our corporate successes. And indeed it was. Burgers, hot dogs, gardenburgers (I ingored the third...), and some relaxation in the sun. We all thoroughly enjoyed the few moments in the sun (I'm a little pink) and then headed back to work. Herein lies the inherent problems with a Friday afternoon BBQ. I don't want to work right now.

I just want to go outside again and play golf, or swim, or ski, or Frisbee, or nap, or bicycle, or hike, or eat, or rollerblade, or dance...i mean jog, or raft, or geocache, or climb, or swing a bat, or throw a ball, or shoot some hoops, or slip-and-slide, or surf, or play golf, or play golf, or play golf, or play golf. Anything but work. And guess what - my boss just emailed and told everyone to go home and enjoy the sun.

Good Bye!

PB

1 comment:

Roy B. said...

Now that's a boss who knows how to build morale. Hope you did something outdoors with your little bit of extra time.