Tuesday, May 23, 2006

As previously noted, I am golfing today.

Also worthy of mention, the blue sky of the last few weeks has been usurped by armies of clouds - and not the big white fluffy kind. These gray clouds have instated a tyranny of gloom and rain. Yes, it's coming down hard today. I will not, however, succumb to their forces. They are powerless to deter me from the golf course.

I guess this can be a continuation of the my "thankful" list. I'm thankful for gear. All kinds of gear that I've accumulated over the years which allows me enjoy myself outside even when the conditions are not favorable. Today I will be implementing the umbrella, storm fit jacket and pants, watershield shoes and a gore-tex hat. With these items in place, I can play an entire round with dry hands, head, and club-grips even though the skies may attempt to drown me.

Bring on the rain. (which reminds me of one of my favorite country songs: Jo Dee Mesina's (with Tim McGraw) Bring on the Rain)

PB

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hmm...yes...all kinds of gear accumulating all over the house... So Mike, how many jackets do YOU own?

Peaby said...

That's the wrong question...the right question is:
"which jackets do you still need?"

Steph said...

Boys.

Jim said...

How was golf? Did your swing plane crash?

Peaby said...

...very funny...that Jim guy...very funny.

Hmmmm...yes and no. My main concern is with my irons. And due to the setup of this course, I didn't really pull them out all day. It's driver and wedge for me on most of the holes.

The 2 times I used my 5 iron...not so good. So yes...I went down like Oceanic 815.