Friday, July 28, 2006

You know that movie plot...the adult son and his father go on an adventure and finally reconnect...and make up for all the lost time they spent hating each other...and then they scream at each other and the son is all, "I just wanted you to love me!"...and then they get in a dangerous situation...and then they work together and get to safety...and then the son says "I love you, dad!" and the dad says, "I love you too son!" You know that one?

Well next week, I get to go on such an adventure with my Dad. Omitting, of course, the screaming, just-wanted-you-to-love-me's, and (hopefully) dangerous situations.

I think I'm one of those fortunate few who got to grow up with my dad. And not just with my dad around, but with my dad being involved. I couldn't have asked for more attention. I've never felt overlooked, ignored, or less important than anything.

So, on monday, we leave for Alaska - to the land of the Pipeline, Supertramp, and Denali. Such a rich and wild place...and I get to share it with my dad.

PB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you know we expect some detailed bloggage and pictures when you get back!