Monday, October 02, 2006

Season 3 is almost upon us. LOST has been a recurring theme through the life of this blog, and I feel it is important to comment upon it again. Last season, as a whole, was a bit of a disappointment. Sure there were highlights - Sun/Jin reunion, Anna Lucia getting a bullet to the gut, Locke's glo-map, Eko staring down the black cloud, the Pearl...etc. But as a rooster once crooned, "Sometimes ups outnumber the downs...but not it Knottingham" [or in this case...Lostaway Island]. For every good moment, there were myriad boring/absurd/contrived/annoying ones that almost cost ABC a Wednesday night viewer. If I never hear Harold Perineau screaming "WAAAALT" again in my life, it'll be too soon. (scuze the cliche).

So...its with reserved enthusiasm that I welcome the season 3 premier. Do I dare hope for a marvelous, satisfying, intriguing, plot-developing season? Or will I, 5 months from now, be saying, "whatever happened to that show LOST?"

Would anyone else like to express their hopes, dreams, or they-better-not-go-there's for LOST Season 3?

5 comments:

Jim said...

First of all, I've definitely lost interest in the show.

Secondly, if you would have posted that picture in your previous post, I would have assumed it was you and Becky. Seriously, you're what's-his-name's doppleganger.

Steph said...

Whatever. I still love the show, however, I know that it doesn't take much to entertain me. =)

Brazenlilly said...

I'm in for at least another season. My hope is for some answers, and PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT introduce any new creepy mysteries! What is that scary island monster? Who are the Others? Why does Desmond's fiance want to know about the magnetic explosion? What was with that huge broken foot statue on the other side of the island? How/why are all of these strandaways related pre-plane crash?

JJ, seriously, wrap some of these things up before we forget what we know and we don't know. I don't need all of the answers, just some to keep me hooked. and to paraphrase one of our fave TWOP writers: if we discover the person behind all of this is named Rimbaldi--I'm SO done.

Peaby said...

hrmphf...Rimbaldi...jerk.

Brazenlilly said...

New blog posting please.