Friday, September 14, 2007

Becky and I were blessed with a great deal on a car. We've been searching for a while now, trying to find something reliable and in decent shape to replace the aging Honda (since we've had it since high-school, and you've all seen the smoke). We've gone to see 4 cars now and nothing felt right, or was in the right price range.

On tuesday, I got a car dealer mass email...which normally goes directly into the deleted items folder. They were advertising up to 50% off. Which usually means 50% off on a few cars and 2% off on the rest. I decided to look anyway, and saw that one of the actual 50% off cars was something I was interested in. So I drove to Vancouver that night (thanks Eets - ROAD TRIP), and took a look. They wouldn't let me drive it because they had to have it for the sale on Friday (false-advertising otherwise). But I liked it and decided that I was going to get that 50% off. With a little determination, I managed to get to Vancouver at 5:45 am this morning, "fight" off 3 interested parties and get the car! 50% off KBB!!! We got spoiled.

I've since driven home, to Hillsboro for DEQ, back to Vancouver to pick up the Pathfinder and back home again. A lot of time in the new car...which I love!

Here it is for those who don't live close...2000 Acura RL.

7 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Hoorah! You are going to feel like you are driving a Lexus (or insert some other luxury car since I don't really know the names) compared to that Honda! Does this mean you can even get into the driver's seat from the driver's DOOR?

Kristen said...

Sweet ride! BTW...love my 50! And I've only had it for 2 hours now!

Jenny vick said...

Hey Mike!!! and Beck and Baby (almost) It was great to see your blurb on our blog! It's fun to see what folks are doing! Congrats on the car...I hope you didn't beat your apposing car buyers off with any weapon. You didn't have to steal the car did you? :) Anyhow... glad to hear all is well... we miss you guys too.

p.s. I think your long jump form needs a little work ;)

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride!

So what did you do with the Honda? Are you going to bronze it for a keepsake? Or are you going to keep it for little Bradley's first car?

Michelle & Luke said...

woohoo!!! this is great news!!! I'm really happy for you guys, but does this mean i now have the ugliest car in the work parking lot?

Steph said...

WOOT! Can't wait to take a ride!

AZChelsea said...

Hi Mike and Becky...It's Chelsea in Tucson, Arizona!! I saw a comment from Mike on Jenny Vick's blog! I am SO excited for you guys to have a boy in December....Curt and I had a baby boy on Dec. 18th, 2006.....it's AMAZING being a parent!....I just created a blog that you should check out.... azchelsea.blogspot.com
I would love for you guys to leave your email or something on my blog so I can catch up with you guys!!
Congratulations again!!!
Chelsea (Williams) Garner