Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jim beat me to it. But I'll post anyway. Today, we ran in the 8k portion of the Shamrock Run in downtown portland. There was free chowder and "beverages" afterward, but I didn't feel much like either after a sprint to the finish. It was a lot of fun, and running again feels good. I'm looking forward to July and the Cape Mountain Trail Run in Florence!

Thanks for running with me today Jim, it's more fun running with a buddy.

...and thanks to our awesome wives who braved public transit and early morning feedings (of the children) to watch their men run around.

Oh, yes...and Henry decided he wanted to ride in this family's wagon. They obliged! I'm not quite sure what is going through Stephanie's head though??

6 comments:

Jim said...

Woot!

Jim said...

What was going through my mind was, "Wow, this kid is so nice...I hope Henry turns out this nice." And their dog was cute - a German Shepherd. Which Henry ran right up to b/c he's not afraid of anything. Eeee.

Steph said...

oops. last post by me. :)

Brazenlilly said...

Yeah for you guys! And how loyal of you to cover up the competitor's name on your bibs. I know I'm not a runner, but having chowder right after a hard work out just doesn't sound that appealing.

eets said...

Can't tell you how great it is for me that you're into running right now! Great job (now if only I can get back myself!)

Anonymous said...

It's the Shamrock run, but you aren't wearing green?

(Linz noticed that, but didn't comment)