Wednesday, July 02, 2008

This last weekend, I ran in the 10 mile Cape Mountain Trail Run. Between the 4 of us (Trent, Jim, Eric, and myself) we've run the CMTR 11 times in the last 4 years. I didn't run it last year because I was having knee issues...and I really missed it! Since I started feeling good again, I've had my sights on this race. I don't so much "race" it as I "survive" it. But it's a great atmosphere (family supported fundraiser for Siuslaw HS runners), and now it's a tradition!
Jim and Steph were so kind to come and sit around for 2 hours while I was out on the trail...but I know Becky and Jack were glad for the company.
I finished within my goal (under 2 hours), and although I think I could have shaved a few more minutes off my time, I'm very happy that I did well and ran pain-free. Here I am just a hundred yards from the finish. Thanks Steph and Jim for the pics (I stole them from Steph's blog).
All sweaty and tired...my wife keeping her distance...

Jack got his first taste of peas at the coast, and although he looks completely shocked in this picture, I think he liked them. But he likes all food so far, so no surprise there.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Go team Mike! We were happy to support you!

Anonymous said...

Nice work running Mike!
Nice work eating Jack!

eets said...

wow, those pics make me REALLY want to be out there next year! We need to have TRS singlets (Team Root System) by next year!