Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This past Monday was a great day! Mike and I celebrated 8 years of marriage together with a date night out-thanks mom and dad! We had dinner, went to a movie and watched a beautiful sunset together. It was so much fun and the best part is- we're celebrating more next month with a mini-trip to Portland made possible thanks to some Jack-sitting from the best in-laws ever! So we are certainly thankful, and as we reflected on our eight years together at dinner, we couldn't help but smile at how God has blessed us beyond what we ever imagined when we said I do. Now- I'm not just talking in each other...although we are pretty awesome :)...I mean at how He's provided for us with jobs, places to live, friends, family, a church we love....and the best part- our two amazing kids. Sure- I know we haven't officially met the girl coming, but we have a pretty good idea we won't be able to get enough of her. So as I wrap up this babbling I just have to say that if you're reading this, you are on the list of blessings we've been given so thank you and know that we love ya!

Now one of my favorite moments from this past week. Jack has been going nuts for guitars lately. Every time Mike gets his out, he want to play like Dada. So the other day, we busted out Mike's Ukulele....it doesn't get busted out very often people, but Jack was thrilled. Here is some video and a picture of his first lesson.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the blessed ones!!!!!!!!!!
Your love for each other and your family brings a smile often. You give each other a special look just loving each other. It's the answer to a parents prayer.Always thankful!

Nina and Poppie

Jo B. said...

We say AMEN to what Nina and Poppie said. We love you and can hardly wait to meet our new granddaughter!

And Jack! What fun to see him getting excited over his *tar*. Maybe someday Jack and his little sis will be leading worship. I can already feel the lump in my throat.
JoJo

Aaron said...

Thanks for posting the wonderful video of you and Jack performing! He looks like he is getting the hang of it! I remember when I had my first guitar (well maybe didn't remember it), but saw photos of it and my parents told me how much I loved playing it. What a special time to play with Jack!

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Blessings!

Michelle & Luke said...

wow- i always forget you guys are all so musical! maybe mike should bring the ukulele to work and everyone can enjoy some unplugged coffee breaks :)