Friday, August 28, 2009

Jack and I had a great day watching Mike run his first leg in Hood 2 Coast. Eric came too and was nice enough to drive. I really enjoyed having another adult to chat with as we waited to cheer Mike on. Here are some pictures from our fun day. One quick funny story- I remembered that Mike was wearing a green shirt so we kept our eyes peeled for a green shirt coming our way. We saw one coming and got ready with our sign and camera and sure enough it was another green shirt guy. Then we saw another one headed our direction..surely it was Mike...he was even waving at us, so we waved back, took pics, had Jack posed with the "My Dad Rocks" sign and then realized- not Mike. Feeling a little embarrassed, Eric and I struck up a conversation as the impostor runner went on by. Suddenly we hear a, "Hey guys!?!" -to our surprise- we were totally wrong. It was Mike, and we had completely ignored him- oops. Somehow he had fooled us both with his headband disguise. Thankfully, we were able to explain ourselves later and got to see him at three other stops. It was a lot of fun and I'm so proud of how well he's doing. He has another run late tonight and one more tomorrow. Here are a few pictures from today..in reverse order.

In front of Mike's team van




His "green shirt buddy" who Mike ended up passing. Yes- it does seem obvious that he isn't Mike, but from a distance- you can see how we might be fooled.

a quick high-five







pointing out Mike to Jack

Jack feeling quite proud of his sign
a pic from the car as we drove by


6 comments:

Peaby said...

Thanks Babe! It was great to see you! Sitting in the van waiting for my next leg around 1 in the morning. Love you!

Jo B. said...

Loved this blog post! Way to go Mike. Praying for that knee! We are so proud of you, our amazing Becky and precious Jack.

Brazenlilly said...

Yeah Mike! I hope you are having a blast. You look great--ROCKING that headband. Good job, Beck, for catching up to him and cheering him on! And I can totally relate to getting the runners mixed up. From a distance, it is really easy. I once saw Trent's shirt, hat AND shorts color coming and got ready to cheer, only to find it was a very masculine woman. Oops! (Don't tell Trent.) Good job cheering Jack!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Michael. Most of all for the work it takes to get to a race. Great example to your son for the different races in life.I know it meant a great deal to have your Babe,Jack and Eric .I'm sure the drive there was special.

Love,
A proud mother-in-law

Steph said...

Woop de woop! Go Mike! What a nice wife...there was nooooo way. A kiss and "I love you" had to suffice. :)

Also, I JUST read your LAST post. So sweet! Love you guys!

Steph said...

PS What I meant was, there was no way I was doing that. You're nicer than me. :)