Friday, November 04, 2005

This morning I was attempting to find a perfect quote to describe my sentiments regarding our (Becky's and my) friendship with the Posenjaks. I considered Shakespeare:

"I count myself in nothing else so happy, as in a soul remembering my good friends. "

Emerson:

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

Even Ali - Muhammed that is:

"Friendship is not something you learn in a classroom. But if you haven't learned friendship, you haven't learned anything."

But then I realized I don't need literary or pugilistic genius to back me up. I can say it best myself:

The truest test of frienship is one of resitance: resitance to distance and time, resistance to weaknesses and strengths, resistance to failure and to glory.

I can't wait to drive to Wentachee, Washington, next week and visit Brad and Lindsey (and Elliott and Wesley). I've always been amazed at God's providence in providing the friends at our deepest moment of need. Sometimes, that need is satisfied and those friends may fade away. But other times, those frienships are fired and fortified. They become a integral part of your being...so much so that you feel like an expurgated version of yourself without that connection.

Becky and I had many relationships in college. None of them made an impact or connection like the Posenjaks. Despite the miles and hours between us, the blemishes and health in our natures, the successes and demises in our lives...we will always have a need to be connected to Brad and Lindsey.

See you soon friends!

PB

3 comments:

Roy B. said...

The truest test of frienship is one of resitance: resitance to distance and time, resistance to weaknesses and strengths, resistance to failure and to glory.

... resistance to rumor, to weariness, unintended slights, difference of opinion, personal idiosyncracies, errors in judgment, moments of selfishness... and so much more. Nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better... really I couldn't. It is kind of odd that we could go months without communicating with other friends and even family, but not without the Bunches. It is a great joy to have friends with whom we can just pick up where we left off. (sorry I didn't read this sooner to leave a comment). Err... um... I love you man!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys! When I told Elliott that you were coming he literally jumped up and down shouting "YEAH Mike and Becky are coming over!" We love you guys!