Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I think I've checked the UPS website about 40 times in the last week. Becky and I finally purchased a digitial camera. We realized that the only pictures we have from the last few years are those that have been forwarded to us from friends. So last Wednesday we took the plunge. Got a great deal on a camera on Ebay. I felt a little axious about going that route, but the guy had 99.9% positive feedback and over 7,000 transactions, so I was reassured.

So it takes 7 days for a package from New York to reach Beaverton via UPS ground. That's a long time...thus the multiple visits to the UPS tracking website. By the way, I now hate Hodgkins, Ilinois. That was the name of the town that last saw my camera before it arrived in Portland this morning at 4 am. For the last 5 days all the website told me was "Departure Scan: Hodgkins, IL, 1:33pm, Aug 25." I'm going to cancel my vacation to Hodgkins.

So now I'm sitting here...waiting the 90 minutes for the battery to charge. Then I'll try to sneak a little pic up here for your viewing pleasure!

Woohoo! Stay tuned!

PB

No comments: