Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's 11:30pm on December 19, 2007, and tomorrow my son will be born!! I should be sleeping rather than blogging, since I have a feeling tomorrow will be a little bit draining...

Because my wife is petite, and our baby, apparently is not, Becky will be delivering via C-section, and we're scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm! The estimation was 9lbs 6oz on Tuesday...we'll see what the "little" guy actually weighs once on the outside. Whatever his weight, it will be a great day!

I will, of course, try to update the blog for those of you who are not close enough to come to the hospital, but it might take a few days...so be patient!

PB

3 comments:

Glory Laine said...

I am sure that It will be hard getting to sleep. Kinda like Christmas Eve when you were six. I had a C-Section with the twins and it all went smooth. For me it was even more memorable then when I had my first "normally". I was so tired from all the pushing that when he was out I was just a little pissed off at the little guys. Took me a few minuets to even really look at him. With the c-section.... I was just relaxed and happy and joyful. One piece of advice. Becky will probably not be able to hold little what's-his-name for awhile. In fact she might be in recovery for an hour or so. Personally I think you and Becky should be the FIRST to see and get to know this little/big guy. Then you should get to introduce him to your family when Becky is feeling a little more "with it". We were so blessed to have eager family members waiting to see and hold our twins. After they were born, Matt went out to the waiting room and made the announcement that they were here and I was fine. They then got to see the babies from glass while I was in recovery. We then had them leave to have dinner and then they came back to our room in pairs after a few hours or so. Anyway, it was perfect for us. Just wanted to pass on the info.
Love you guys!

butters said...

I am also not sleeping at a random hour, so I'm praying for you all and for safety in delivery for the big guy and your beautiful wife. I am so excited to meet him!
Love you guys,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is going well right now. We are excited to see your little boy!

Also, "a few days"?!?! ...I know you have a wi-fi-enabled laptop!