Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Becky and I decided to paint the bathroom a while ago. At work the other day, I got the inspiration to take out this nasty old heater that we never use, since it's basically just an eyesore and temptation for Jack to play with.

I did all my research on how to deal with the electricity, how to put up the new drywall and finish off the project. Then I went to Home Depot. A couple days later, we've got a clean, painted wall with no evidence of the ugly heater! I'm very proud this is the most complicated home-improvement project that I've tackled.

I forgot to take a picture of the joint compound/drying stage. I hope you'll forgive me.




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jo B. said...

Way to go, Mike! You keep making this HandyMom proud! The wall looks perfect. Tape drying would have been pretty exciting though. Maybe worthy of a YouTube post.

Steph said...

WOW. It looks awesome! I love the color...it matches great with the floor. You rock - good job! Next time I need someone for drywall patching, I know who to call! I was going to say you're making your mama proud, but she already said that. :)

Kristen said...

nice work bunch! i love that grey color too!

Brazenlilly said...

Oh dear, you are turning into our mother! ;) What a feeling of accomplishment, though! Nice job. Thanks for the detail pics--that is fun to see. I think that is the most in-depth baby-proofing I've ever heard of. You must REALLY love Jack.

Anonymous said...

Good work Mike! I am a little disappointed that there are no pictures of your taping, but the end-product came out well, so I'll just assume the taping looked perfect too.

Michelle & Luke said...

SO impressive. I also appreciate that you're wearing a head light. Nice use of multi functional equipment

sarah said...

I am very impressed. It looks amazing. Good work Bunch family!

AZChelsea said...

good work, Mr. Home Improvement! Now if I can just get my husband to replace our kitchen garbage disposal....which I'm thinking is way easier than what you did!