Tuesday, September 02, 2008

As Jim blogged, we had a great 4 day / 3 night backpacking trip leading up to Labor Day weekend. We tackled a few tough hikes, but reaped the rewards of solitude, natural beauty, and accomplishment. Seriously, this was one of the most perfect backpacking trips I've been on. Even the sprinkles in the night on Friday were just light enough to be pleasant. I took my friend Kristen's awesome wide-angle lens with me, and I seemed to develop a pattern in my shooting. I'm glad Jim and Jason had cameras too, otherwise all the photgraphic record of this trip would be:
Lake 1:

Self Portrait 1:
Lake 2:
Self Portrait 2:
Lake 3:
Self Portrait 3:



5 comments:

Roy B. said...

What a great trip! I'm really sorry I wasn't able to go with you guys. I'm sure that the lakes and the views and the solitude were worth the effort it took to get there.

Michelle & Luke said...

What an awesome shirt you're wearing!

Brazenlilly said...

Cool pics! Except you look like a freak with legs for arms on the last one. I say that in love.

Steph said...

That last picture IS kind of freaky... Pretty lakes, though!

JimJ said...

Mike and Becky. Thanks for the sharing. Love to look at my family grow. I know who to call when the pups eat through a wall. Great fix it job Mike. They grow so fast. Enjoy every moment. Jim and Laurie.