Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's been a fun few days. Mike is out of town backpacking (we miss him) so Jack and I have been keeping busy. Wednesday night was the kickoff for choir at church, Thursday we spent some time shopping with my mom and I got to hang out with Henry that evening (what a cutie), and yesterday we got together with some friends to go swimming. It ended up being quite an adventure with a padlocked pool, 5 kids in swim diapers that only hold so much, and the hot sun beating down. Are you picturing the scene? There is just no turning back once you get kiddos pumped up for the pool so thankfully we found some fellow swim enthusiasts, made a phone call, and were able to get into the pool with it all to ourselves. It ended up being a great memory and a good lesson in determination. Today our adventure lies in berry picking. I've wanted to go all summer and today is the day. Since I didn't take any swim pictures for you...you can rest assured I will be taking berry pictures- you don't even have to tell me...I know you were hoping I would.

So with the hope of berry pictures to come, I leave you with some pictures taken last month of Jack enjoying the sand for the first time. They were from our annual beach trip with the Posenjak gang. We had a great time and miss them already.



Getting ready to dig into the sand...





Mom's best attempt at stopping the eating of sand...



that obviously failed....




Some very sandy feet....


4 comments:

sarah said...

I love looking at his little sandy feet! Great pictures!

Jo B. said...

Love your post, Becky! We want to see more. Thanks for posting pix of our sweet Jack and you!

Anonymous said...

What kind of berries? Are you going to make a pie? If you need anyone to help you eat it, you can drive it up to Wenatchee. And bring that cute kid along too... with or without the sand.

Steph said...

Hurrah for blog post #2! Love it! Fun times at the pool! :) And I love the pictures of your sweet, sandy boy. Mmmmm...sand...

PS Henry says, "Hi Aunt Becky. Can't wait to hang out with you again soon!"