Friday, December 04, 2009

Since our little girl will be arriving soon, we decided to celebrate Jack's birthday a little early this year. It was fun to be able to host is at our new house this year. It all came together and Jack had a great day- thanks to all the help. Here are a few pictures leading up to and at the party.


The making of the cake. Sarah was a dedicated helper. The face was definitely the hardest part, but it turned out great.







The final product!



A super cool birthday sign handmade by my sweet sister.




What...and Sarah also made a little train out of the juice boxes for the kids! She's pretty awesome.





One of my favorite pictures of the day. What a happy kid!


The boys having some lunch. Thanks to mom for the train shaped sandwiches.




Little Syd working on creating a distraction while Abby made a quick getaway to.....




do this! Doesn't she look innocent?



Jack got a lot of great gifts. I still don't think he realizes that they all get to stay here, but the timing is great with baby sister coming. All of the books and toys will sure keep him entertained while we're changing a few diapers,etc.. One big surprise gift was a train table that everyone went in on. Mike and I didn't even know about this one as you can see by my bewildered face. It's been a two-fold blessing- Jack loves playing with it and it makes a great coffee table!

After presents came the cake! Jack was so excited about his Thomas cake. He kept wanting to look at it the day before. You'll notice a small moment of sadness when Thomas made his entrance at the party...maybe it was the fact that he now had flames coming out of him, but Jack made a quick recovery. Blowing out the candles was just too much fun and then came the eating. He took his time with that part- he sure made it last!












After all of the party fun, a few stuck around to help put the train table together. Jack was so excited and of course, several had to help him test out the fun.









Notice the relaxed pregnant lady sitting in the background. Oh..the train table has been good to me! He wakes up everyday asking to play trains.


Very focused on making the "choo choo" sounds for the trains.



Thanks to all who brought and made food, helped decorate, came straight from the airport to attend, called to wish Jack a special day, offered to do even more, and gave Jack and our family such a special day. It was so much fun.

7 comments:

Nina said...

We are a blessed family !! Poppie and I have so much joy because our grandson-Jack is in our lives. Every picture brings one smile after another. Thank you for posting on such busy days. We love you Jack! Muchos besos(:

Jo B. said...

So much fun to relive Jack's party and get to see pix of Jack and his special table. Thanks for taking time out of this busy time post! We love every bit of this post.

Steph said...

I'm so glad you posted all these pictures. What a great day! We all love Jack so much and love sharing his milestones and birthdays! I can't believe how much he is changing so fast. May the train table bring you lots of time to take care of that sweet baby girl who is about to make her appearance...

Also, what the Mike? I swear, every week Jack looks more and more like his Daddy.

butters said...

Oh... seeing these pictures makes me sad we missed out! I'm so glad it was such a hit and your little train engineer is stinkin adorable! And what the cake?! Thomas the train, are you kiddin me!!! I was thinking of doing a Thomas Birthday for Nate this year because that's all he talks about but ... I may just have to buy my Thomas cake.(: That is amazing, I'm highly impressed. I also love Sarah's hair... such a beauty. You all are and I cannot wait for Baby girl to arrive in just a few days and to finally know baby "a" 's name. The suspense is killing me.(;

Love you guys, praying for you all!

The Looney Kids said...

How fun! Lucas and Jack would get along great...Thomas is a big deal here too...really anything trains...or anything that has wheels :) Can't wait to hear about your baby girl when she comes!

Emily said...

It looks like a really great day! Amazing cake- Jack must have loved it! And the train table looks WONDERFUL! :) I can only imagine the many many hours of enjoyment that will come out of that over the years. Happy birthday, Jack! I'm amazed every time I see a new picture of him at just how lovely he is -- those eyes and curls! :) Prayers with you all as your little girl comes!

Nina said...

I loved seeing pictures of my girls working together and just loving being sisters!