Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm a bit of a softie, so it doesn't take much, but there have been a number of wonderful moments in the last few days between Jack and his little sister that have choked me up. On Sunday, after we had been playing, he ran into Kaitlyn's room and wanted to just look at her in the crib. Unfortunately, she was in the other room with Beck, but we found her soon. Yesterday he was so excited to help give her some milk, so he got to hold her bottle for a few minutes. Today I found him in the bedroom next to her swing (with her in it). He had brought in his Thomas coloring book and crayons, and just wanted to be near her. He keeps asking after her..."Kait-yn sleeping?" "Kait-yn crying?" "Where's Kait-yn?"

I'm glad we're seeing these great moments! He is doing well, but I can tell he's a little in shock with the whole situation. He's just a little more fussy and dramatic than usual, but we're trying to give him space and not force him into a relationship with little Katie. We know it will develop in time, and we are feeling blessed to be parents of two kids!

Here are some pics of our return home.


Right before leaving the hospital...very much looking forward to seeing our boy!

Becky being assisted out by transportation. They said she could have walked, but who can turn down a free ride :-)

Kaitlyn getting used to the carseat. (it probably didn't help that it had been in the car for 4 days of sub 20's)

Jack first laying eyes on his sis.

The requisite kiss on the forehead (more to come of course)

Jack "giving" Katilyn her pink Minkee. I guess he thought she wanted it on her face.

What is this crying purple thing leaning on me?

Jack valiantly sharing his most prized possesion with his little sis (unprompted!)

another kiss for pictures.

Big bro checking out sister's soft hair.

Checking out her "too tiny" toes.

sporting Best Big Brother and Little Sister duds.




10 comments:

Jo B. said...

Thanks for posting pics, Mike. We can't get enough! Love seeing all four of you together.

Brazenlilly said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear he is mostly doing well. I think lots of times kids take out their confusion on the parents, but shower the new sib with lots of love! I can't believe he gave her his Thomas train! But I especially love the look on his face in the "what is leaning on me" picture. Hee!

Michelle & Luke said...

LOVE IT!!! that is so sweet of him to share his thomas with kaitlyn- what a GOOD big brother he will be- keep the pics coming.

Brazenlilly said...

OK, I came back again and read more carefully and cracked up thinking of Jack's voice as he says "too tiny! too tiny!"

Steph said...

Darling!!! What a sweet family you all make. :)

PS They were going to let Becky WALK out? I was told just 6 1/2 months ago that I was not allowed to and I hadn't had a c-section! Hospital policy! Of course, even if I'd had the option, I would have gone for the ride, too. :)

Nina said...

With Katie being born during this Christmas season she has added a special sweetness to the meaning of His birth.She is so tiny and already touching hearts. Thank you Kaitlyn! I love you !

Faith Rocks! said...

LOVE these pictures! Keep them coming! Enjoy your baby-honeymoon! Like any good marriage, it starts out great and just keeps getting better and better! Love you guys!

AZChelsea said...

what great pictures! it's definitely a neat time right now for you guys...we can kind of relate ;)
that is so cute that jack just wants to be near her!

Anonymous said...

You guys look like such an amazing family!!! Enjoy settling in!!

Nina said...

test