Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's funny...I've only been skiing twice, but I feel like I've been skiing all my life. And it's only been 5 days since the last time I went, but it feels like a month. I can't wait to get out again.

The good news is...tomorrow's the day.

[Bursting forth in song]

Tooooomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow,
You're only a daaaaaaay, uhhhhhhh-waaaaaaaaay!!

[Back to normal narration voice]

Here's the deal. Normally, skiing on a Friday would be a double whammy to the checkbook. One hit for the lift ticket, and one hit for missing pay. But don't you worry, I've got them both covered. My work has this little thing called "Personal Floating Holiday." You get one extra day off with pay, on top of your normal vaction time. If you don't use it by the end of the year (read: 2 weeks from now) it goes away...for good. I can't let that happen.

"What about the lift ticket?", you ask. This is where I introduce my new friend - CANNED FOOD DRIVE! Yup, friday at SkiBowl, donating 4 cans of food get's you an all day lift ticket. A day of skiing...totally free. I bring a few sandwiches and granola bars...and I'm all set. I can't wait. Our plan is to hit the slopes early and get some good first runs in before the crowd hits.

Bring on the parrallel turns, BABY!

PB

5 comments:

eets said...

I've figured it out! The key to skiing and golf is to rotate my right pinky toe and "throw" my left elbow while turning my 7th vertebrae. I've totally figured it out...woops, I fell again!

Tee hee

Jim said...

When you say, "Bring on the parallel turns, BABY," am I the BABY you're referring to?

Steph said...

Haha. Eric's comment is funny. =)

Anonymous said...

So, how was it? Did Jim drag you down any black diamonds?

Peaby said...

yes! I had done a few easy ones on the first time, but he made me do a big nasty ice-covered one on Friday!

I survived...that's about it.

But the rest was AMAZING!