Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We had a great weekend with the Pjaks in Wenatchee this last weekend. Brad posted about our awesome day of golf, so I'll focus on some of the other fun times. We planned our trip around one of Elliott's t-ball games. We got the bonus of seeing one of Brad's church softball games too!








This is one of my favorite pictures. For some reason, it really struck a chord with me. I immediately started thinking of how strange (and wonderful) it feels to be growing up. I remember watching my dad play church softball when I was a kid. I'm sure my mom spent plenty of time sitting on a blanket in the shade watching me run around the ball field. Now my wife is doing the same with my kid! Plus...it just feels great to have such great friends. We love the Pjaks and every minute that we get to spend together.

Jack sure found some good friends too this weekend. As you can see, he had no shortage of entertainment, and all 3 boys were really sweet to Jack. Wesley especially loved to come up and "tickle" Jack. Of course, my kid obliged with a huge grin every time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had an awesome time with you guys as well! I like how you posted pictures of Elliott and I in similar positions.

Roy B. said...

What a great weekend you obviously had! The memories will be with you all for a long time - as will the friends. I remember you running around the dusty diamond after those softball games in the '80's - and I agree with Brad about the photos of him and Elliott... the first two even catch the ball in mid air right before they hit it. dad

Brazenlilly said...

What a great photo-journal of your trip. The baseball pics are priceless! Great shots. It looks like a blast. Jack is so loved no matter where he goes! I remember those softball games too. I had a crush on one of the young single guys on the church team. When did we grow up?!?

sarah said...

I love the pictures of the boys around Jack.

Linz said...

We had a great time with you guys...alway do! It was a treat for the boys to finally get to meet Jack.