Sunday, November 23, 2008

I got lucky enough to capture this impromptu moment tonight between my wife and her baby boy. The camera angle was not intentional, just incidental. But as I recorded, I realized that I didn't even need to see their faces to experience the joy that they were sharing. I'm blessed to see this relationship in action every day, and this candid moment just gave me a deeper appreciation for the gift of being a husband and father. For those of you who also love Becky and Jack:

8 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Dang. Love them. Love you. LONG list for THANKSgiving this year.

Jo B. said...

We just returned from our community group where we discussed "overflowing with thanksgiving". Watching this made us smile, get teary (of course) and feel so very thankful. We love you three!

butters said...

Umm yeah, I'm not exactly "family" but I sure love them too. It made me smile and give thanks too. We all are so blessed. Thanks for sharing.

Steph said...

Precious!!!

Anonymous said...

That laugh is great. Good stuff.

sarah said...

Nothing is better than the sweet sound of giggles. Jack sure has a contagious one. Sweet boy

KDR said...

Mike, this is so cute! I look forward to creating moments like this with Tony later in life...

Jenny vick said...

oh my goodness that was so so cute. I love those big uncontrolled laughs! what a fun mommy too! keep it up...it get's a little harder when they start talking back..but it can also be just as much fun if not more with every moment and every new thing they learn. Hana just asked...how babies got out of tummies. Whoo hoo to parenting ;)