Friday, September 16, 2005

Boy-o-boy!

I am ready to go home...and I will in 13 minutes. This morning Eric and I rode our bikes to work "together". We scheduled a meeting place and set the time for 6:30am. That would give us enough time to get to work, shower, and head to our desks. Problem is, we both left late...

Nonetheless, I got to our meeting spot right at 6:30 (after riding harder and shorter than I had planned). Eric was nowhere to be seen, so I piddled (not pedaled) around for a few minutes waiting for him to arrive. After about ten minutes, I assumed one of the following: Eric slept in; I misunderstood the meeting place; Eric crashed and was a bloody limping mess; or Eric got lost. In any case, I needed to take off in order to make it to work in time. So I left (but not before arranging some sticks on the ground in a big E formation with an arrow point the way I went) and sped off to work.

After I showered and began dressing for the day, Eric shows up (not bloody, but really sweaty) in the locker room. "HEY!" I exclaimed. He proceeded to tell a tale of woe...how he had seen me leaving the meeting place, but was too far away to get my attention. Since I am a MUCH better cyclist (not really, I just have a road bike versus his mountain bike) He trailed me for a while, but then I left him in the dust. Let me take a moment here to relish this taste, because in every running race we ever do, I'm always looking at the backside of Eric...until he's too far ahead for me to see him.

[moment]

Thank you. So at least next time, we'll have a better idea of how long it takes to get to the meeting place. And maybe we can actually ride together...and not "together."

PB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your "moment." =)