Tuesday, September 13, 2005

yeehaw.

So I'm in this class at my gym called "Sculpt." Not a lot of aerobics, but quite a bit of core training. I hadn't gone for 2 weeks out of reverence for the aftershocks of the Timberline Trail practice run. I decided to go yesterday, and enjoyed it (the enjoyment was solely from the expectation of results, not from the actual experience). I returned to my desk (after a shower) feeling quite invigorated.

Then Jim told me he ran 9 miles to work, and he was running 9 miles home. Jerk.

Since I don't want to be left in the dust when we do our trail run (literally, the trail is very dusty) I HAD to do more! So I decided to run home too! Sure my run was only 5.5 miles, but did Jim do so many lunges that he felt like his legs would explode?? NO, I don't think so. I ran home.

And THEN, Eric told me that he has a day off during his business trip to Toronto, and not only is he going to go to Niagara Falls, see the Blue Jays play the Red Sox, and go down his hotel's water slide, he's also going to go for a run this morning...and I'm sure it'll be somewhere around 15 miles!

So I HAD to do more. I ran to work this morning. The invigoration I felt yesterday at 1:30 when I came back from Sculpt is gone. But that's OKAY! And no matter how many miles Jim or Eric run today, I will not run home. I'm good till tomorrow...

PB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt...

You guys are WEIRD!!!!

Jim said...

Just for the record, my commute to work is closer to 8 miles. But, when you run to and from work in one day...put 'em together...88 miles.

eets said...

your post about me running is perfect timing. That's what I wrote about today. Gonna go to Niagara now. Will tell you how it went.

-ET

eets said...

ps- you're an animal. Sculp ant 5.5 is impressive!