Wednesday, September 07, 2005

oy....

I had a terrible night. [The evening was actually quite nice. My wife and I had dinner together and watched a hilarious movie - Waking Ned Devine (thoroughly recommended). I should have been born Irish.] Let me paint a picture for you. I'm 6'2", and I usually wear shorts with an inseam of at least 10". I feel quite comfortable with my WHITE upper legs veiled behind a nice khaki or denim. However, when you're running* long shorts are not exactly practical. I'm pretty sure the shorts I wore on Monday could stand toe-to-toe with Daisy's.

It stands to reason that under-exposed flesh (i.e. my upper thighs) will BURN when unveiled in the sun for 6 hours. One might propose the use of sunscreen**. This is a logical suggestion, and I probably should have overcome my angst regarding the application of anything slimy to my body (sunscreen, lotion, bug juice, etc.). But, alas, I did not, and last night I suffered the consequences.

My only consolation is that next time, my nether regions (okay...semi-nether regions) will be a little more acclimated to the solar influence. And maybe I will be smart and put some sunscreen on.

Long live Tulaigh Mohr.

*see note in previous post on liberal use of the words run, ran, or running.
**Jim did, in fact, offer sunscreen to me.

No comments: