Friday, September 23, 2005

Carson MICHAEL!!

That's too much. My family is soooo sappy. I thought it was weird that everyone I talked to yesterday (before I got to the hospital) was a bit vague....Even my dad lied to me and said "Ummm...I don't know his middle name." Come on! So then when I did arrive, Jen showed me the request for SSN form and there it was!! Carson Michael, etc.

I almost lost it (see above reference to sappy family) but just managed to catch myself and give my sister a hug. It's crazy: I already felt love for this little baby...even before he was born. Then when I held him at the hospital it was even more real. But THEN I saw that paper...and it was like automatically, I will always be a part of his life - guitar lessons, camping trips, beer and cigarettes, shotguns...wait, got a little carried away. Crazy...

Oooohhh..I just figured it out. It's a ploy to get me to babysit more often!! They are so smart! Well it probably worked. I can't wait to hang out with him.

PB (Uncle Mike)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY - I just spent a very pleasant half hour cruisin' your postings for the last couple of weeks... and even read some outloud to Carson's grandma. I've even dipped a bit into Jim and Steph and Eric's. What fun! Now I think I'll retire (for the evening) with a smile on my face.